quarta-feira, 15 de julho de 2015

capable of anything

"...after a conversation with his mother about marriage and children towards the end of the year he was convinced 'how untrue and childish is the conception of me that my mother builds up for herself'. She considered that if he were to get married and have children, all his hypochondria and anxiety would vanish, his interest in literature would decline to a professional man's sideline or hobby, and he would find himself concentrating on his career, like any normal person.

Needless to say, Kafka did not see it that way. Whatever the difficulties and obstacles he was currently experiencing, his intuition that he was capable of great things continued to possess him. One night he lay on his bed 'and again became aware of all my abilities as though I were holding them in my hand... capable of anything...'."

Nicholas Murray. Kafka. London: Abacus, 2014, p. 101

Nenhum comentário: